Thursday, August 27, 2015

I Have Stayed So Close at Home I Don't See to be Able to Break Away


Postmarked 27 August 1954
Columbus, Ohio

POSTCARD CAPTION:
Governor's Mansion, Columbus, Ohio
POSTCARD MESSAGE:
Dear Emma Mae, / I had hoped I would get down there. I was so busy and here I left all and came down here. I telephoned again to Lillian. I thought she was coming up Sat. so I went Wed. night. Had I known I would have waited until Friday. I don't know ho things will be taken care of. I have stayed so close at home I don't see to be able to break away. I will see you later. We are going to the State Fair here today. Love, Minne / They have had plenty of rain here. / We went over -- last evening. 
If the Interweb can be believed, the State of Ohio had to purchase a new governor's residence in the mid-1950s because the necessary repairs to the mansion in this postcard were more than purchasing a new home.

Website for current Governor's Residence 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...