Monday, May 14, 2012

Yards and Gardens Grow Like Magic

Masonic Temple

Postmarked 13 May 1943
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

Postcard Caption:
Masonic Temple, Enfield, North Carolina
Postcard Message:
Sunny Boy! I received the beautiful Mothers day greeting from you and Milbrey. Thank you my dears! Mon a.m. I also had letter from my very dear boy, too. Has been so dry but several good showers lately which makes yards and gardens grow like magic. do you have some pretty flowers in your yard? Mrs. -- --- me gorgeous bouquets Sat and Tues and I'm trying to paint a picture of the copper luster iris. best love and all good wishes to my dear children - Mamomie - May 13, 1943 
Ground broke for Enfield's Masonic Temple in 1924, and the building was dedicated the following year. From its opening to World War II, the building served as a theater. During the war, it was closed, and in the 1950s, reopened as Ray Theatre. From the 1960s to 1980s, the building was used in part for storage while its upstairs continued to house masonic meetings and other business. In 2009, the building was purchased and is now operated by Glass Bead Productions. They plan to renovate the lodge so it can be used for productions, presentations, and other events.

The Lodge at Roanoke Valley website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...