Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Hundred Years Ago...Waiting and Hoping

POSTCARD: Waiting and Hoping (7-10-1910)

Postmarked July 11, 1910
Denver, CO

This isn't the prettiest or most interesting postcard I've encountered, but it is one hundred years old! I am intrigued by the message:
Wish you would write a little oftener, a little more at length, and a little more legibly! You know I am getting old and my eyes are farm from strong! I am still waiting and hoping -- just now most things look hard and unpromising -- but it must go on! Such is life! I wish I were the owner of a few trees like this! --Alfred

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Amy, What an interesting blog! It makes you wonder...poor Alfred! Was Robert a neglectful son or brother? I can see why you're intrigued.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...