Postmarked 27 April 1955
The Tower at M.S.C., Lansing, Mich.
Dear Ones, / Wish you could see the beauty of this campus. This tower house the carriloen [sic] chimes which we hear several times a day. This afternoon, I am going to see them played. Everything is fine here and I am enjoying it so much. do hope all is well with you. Love, EllenMichigan State University has had a number of names since its founding in 1855. They are listed on the MSU website as:
- February 12, 1855 – Agricultural College of the State of Michigan
- March 15, 1861 – State Agricultural College
- June 2, 1909 – Michigan Agricultural College
- May 1, 1925 – Michigan State College of Agriculture and Applied Science
- July 1, 1955 – Michigan State University of Agriculture and Applied Science
- January 1, 1964 – Michigan State University
The MSU Alumni Magazine published an article about Beaumont Tower in 1996 that describes the restoration of the tower and its bells.