Friday, August 1, 2014

Never Did

Call of the Wild - Coyote Barking at the Moon Vintage Postcard 8-1-1949

Call of the Wild - Coyote Barking at the Moon Vintage Postcard Message 8-1-1949

Postmarked 1 August 1949
Estes Park, Colorado
Published by Sanborn Souvenir Co
Denver, Colorado

Postcard Caption
FRONT: Call of the Wild, Coyote Barking at the Moon 
BACK: Coyotes are among the most hardy, cunning, and sagacious of the wild creatures of the West. They are still numerous and in the evening the peculiar "yipping" and barking can often be heard.
Postcard Message
FRONT: Never Did 
BACK: Hi Ollie, / What a life! Loafing around in the mountains and seeing all the sights. / Fletch
I can't help but think of the song "Calling the Moon" by Dar Williams when I see this postcard. It's one of the songs that always gives me chills.
The moon said
"Oh, darkness my work is done
I've poured this bottle
Of light from the sun"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...