Tuesday, September 24, 2013

To Be a Good Soldier

Fort Meade Vintage Postcard

Fort Meade Vintage Postcard

Postmarked 24 September 1951
Fort George G. Meade, Maryland

Postcard Caption:
1139: - For Meade Heights, Fort Meade, MD.
Postcard Message:
Sept 23, 1951 / Hello. / Well I arrived here 12:30 P.M. 15th. I finished processing on the 17th. Since 17th I served the Cod-- and Officers, and had one day of carpentering. They say to be a good soldier you have to learn to do everything I hope Marlene is getting along good in high school. I wish I was back in school now. So long. "Dave."
Fort Meade remains an active military base providing support to 90 partner agencies as well as military personnel and dependents. I wonder if they still have carpentry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...