Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sunday Stamps: Adopted and Adored


I adore stamps that promote adoption of animals from shelters. The Australia postal service published a series of animal stamps in 2010; a full summary is available here.

According to estimates provided by the Humane Society of the United States, 6 to 8 million animals enter U.S. shelters each year. Only half of those animals are adopted. That means the other half, even healthy animals, are euthanized. Please remember to adopt - don't shop - when you are looking for a four-legged friend for your family.

5 comments:

viridian said...

This is a sweet stamp and reminds me of the USA series of stamps on the same theme. thank you for participating.

Willa @ Postage Journal said...

Beautiful stamp. I like stamps that promotes awareness and support a cause.
My Sunday Stamp Entry

Postcardy said...

That's a cute stamp and a good cause.

VioletSky said...

I like the 'adopted, adored' bit on this stamp.
(and the cute face)

Joy said...

I've received a few of the US stamps but never seen the Australian ones. A wonderful sentiment, lets hope more people do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...