Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Old Laguna Pueblo

Old Laguna Pueblo - NM

Postmarked 2 May 1949
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Postcard Caption:
No. 17- OLD LAGUNA INDIAN PUEBLO, NEW MEXICO / A very picturesque old Indian pueblo on the Old Santa Fe Trail highway, 65 mi. west of Albuquerque, N.M. and 100 mi. east of Gallup. They are a branch from the Acoma tribe, who live on their Mesa near The Enchanted Mesa.
Postcard Message:
Sun 1, 1949 / Albuquerque, N.M. / Dear friends. here for the summer. It is a beautiful country. I will go back to Florida this winter rented my homes in Florida. I though have been in the hospital they send for my son I had a blood pressure of 250 so my son thought I had better spend my summer with him and my winters at Florida. I worry about the estate it is not settled yet. Bye Bye. / Love Charlotte
In college, my then-boyfriend and I took a road trip from Oklahoma, through New Mexico and Colorado, and then back home. One of our first stops was Pecos National Historical Park in New Mexico. Here's one of my pictures from that trip:

Spanish Church Ruins, Pecos National Historic Park

The landscape of the Southwest is where I feel most at home. I love the desert. To me, it isn't sparse or depressing. It's where I most want to be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...