Friday, April 1, 2011

Hard, Stern, Unforgiving Old Mug, but It's Me All the Same

Old Mug

Message:
You have here the picture you wrote about.
I do not like to have my picture "drawed"
but as you reported(?) --
Hard. Stern. Unforgiving old mug isn't it but it's me all the same.
I did not imagine I'd come upon another vintage altered postcard after posting this one. In a box of postcards from my in-laws, though, I found this treasure!

Thanks to Beth at the Best Hearts are Crunchy for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday! Visit her blog for links to more great postcards.


8 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

"But as you requested, here 'tis" ?

I've always thought that altered cards, or any altered art, was a modern phenomenon. Clearly not.

Joy said...

"Hard and stern" on the outside but not on the inside I think. Great find.

Postcardy said...

I think he should have pasted his photo in a better spot--unless there is some meaning I don't understand.

Funoldhag said...

At first, I did not spot the old fellow's picture. How perfectly cool!

MrCachet said...

What a find! Hard? I think not!

Mark S. said...

Simply amazing...love it!

Clytie said...

I was amazed to see the altered postcard ... I too had thought this was a rather modern technique, but I see not! I had to look twice to find the picture ... I didn't see it when I first looked! LoL!

Happy PFF!

GadgetSponge.com said...

Wow. I too thought that altered postcards was more of a modern trend. Very interesting placement. That's something that could easily be missed while browsing. Gonna have to really concentrate from now on for those hidden treasures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...