Sunday, April 17, 2011

Go Green: Earth Week 2011

Earth Week is April 17-23, 2011! Earth Day itself is observed on April 22. While my postcard hobby might not be my most eco-friendly activity, I was still happy to see the new "Go Green" stamps from the United States Postal Service.

Each stamp provides an easy suggestion for changing behavior to be more earth-friendly. Plus, I think they are cute.

While I know there is a lot more I could do for the environment, here are the things George and I do on a regular basis:

  • Eat a veg*n diet
  • Use reusable shopping bags
  • Minimize short trips for errands
  • Change the thermostat
  • Compost
  • Use long-life lightbulbs
  • Share a single car
  • Buy organic and local food when possible
  • Buy earth-friendly cleaning products
We are always looking for new ways to live a more sustainable lifestyle! What about you?

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

The hardest one we did was getting rid of one car. It's been an adjustment, but it just means you have to plan ahead more. Also saves a huge amount of money.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...