Thursday, January 6, 2011

Marietta, Oklahoma

RPPC_ASanders

Uncirculated
Real Photo Postcard (~1900s)


I believe this is my grandma's grandfather, Nathan Arvilla Sanders, who lived in Marietta, Oklahoma. When George saw the postcard, the first thing he noticed was the groove in the floor of the photographer's studio where the different backgrounds were rotated into the frame.

UPDATE: My cousin Leah confirms this is N.A. and thinks it was taken before Oklahoma statehood, so in the late 1890s or early 1900s. She said he carried a gun because of the lawless nature of the territory!

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

I wouldn't mess with him. He looks like he might have been a sheriff or a person of authority. How cool that you have this!

Lauren said...

Oh I love this one so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...