Monday, December 13, 2010

La Rue du Mont-Blanc

Geneve - La Rue du Mont-Blanc

Uncirculated

I love this postcard: the view, the buildings, the street scene, the colors. Yet, it makes me sad, too, because it's in such poor condition. It's one of the postcards that was placed in an album with adhesive corners. The postcard could either only be removed by cutting the corners off, or they were so irreversibly damaged, they were removed. Instead of being sad, I suppose I should rejoice the postcard was at least admired enough to be preserved by the means of the day.

I am not confident I searched for the correct information, but as far as I can tell, this is the view today:


View Larger Map

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

Oh, not such a great view today. We stayed up at Chamonix some years ago and it looked more like the view above.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...