Thursday, October 7, 2010

Electrical Group by Night

Chicago World's Fair - Electrical Group

Postmarked 7 October 1933
Chicago, IL


Message:

The food exhibits were attractions. Canned, Bottled, and Raw - Aunt Jamima Pancakes 10 cts a plate at their exhibit Scotch scones and German waffles. All the countries showed things for sale. Saw Chinese play today. The bringing together of so many displays is the outstanding Phenomenon.
I love the colors of this postcard and think the message is so interesting! It must have been such fun to visit a world's fair! My grandma, mother, friend Kim, and I went to the World's Fair in New Orleans back in the 1980s, but it wasn't the same.

1 comment:

Christine H. said...

I see very few of these cards with messages describing the fair and activities. That's what makes this one so wonderful. I would like some of those German waffles right about now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...